Thursday, June 25, 2009

We've Just Moved to Blogville

Hello new neighbors. We have just moved here to Blogville and this is our very first post. Now I know this place has a lot of people that visit so we wanted to get off to a good start. We were hoping someone, anyone that saw us moving in would bring us a pie or something. Not yet!

Well, my name is Dustin Curtis and I am the founding principal of Curtis Architecture, Inc. We have been in business for 15 years and originate in Phoenix, Arizona. Around this place I am sometimes known as "Fearless Leader". I'm not sure it always fits, but I really try to play the part. My crew is exceptionally smart. There are three of them that I must lead. I think it's more like I pretend to lead because they pretty much know what's going on at all times. I sometimes think they call me that so I'll keep bringing the paychecks in every two weeks. I told you they were exceptionally smart.

We have decided to blog for a few good reasons. First of all, it seems that many people don't understand architects. Many people think we are rich. We can make a good living but by no means would you call us rich. And most of you don't really know what we do from day to day. If you are old enough to remember the Brady Bunch or watch it in reruns you may remember that Mike Brady was an architect. Going even further back, Mr. Ed, the talking horse was owned by an architect, Wilbur. He designed in the barn while talking to the horse.

TV has not represented us well.

Lawyers, doctors and detectives get all the good shows. They never do a drama about architects nor has there ever been a reality show about us. Until now that is. The Curtis Crew is our online version of a reality show about architects and architecture. We will share with you our projects and our travels and even our ups and downs. Now, we don't have octuplets, we aren't trying to make it on a desert island and we don't kick one of us off each week. But if you can overlook those little dramatic parts reality shows like to throw at you, we think you can have fun with us.

Architects are creative and basically fun loving people. Most architects, when it comes to explaining themselves, show their work. To show it off it is usually barron and void of furniture and all living things, except plants. And that's ok, but that's not us. We are here to share the human element behind the buildings and to show you what the creative process is really all about. So come back often as our story unfolds.

Hmmm, that pie still hasn't shown up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment